Friday, February 12, 2010

HELL YEAH FIGURE DRAWING


OH MY GOD, I MISSED THE NAKED PEOPLE SO MUCH.

I love figure drawing. Loooove it. But, thanks to Evergreen's wonky budget cuts and my schedule (namely, the only offered figure session is the morning after Designated Drinking With my Circus People night), I haven't been able to do it since....jesus. Last year.

Well, this morning I dragged my sorry ass out of bed, fought the hangover demons (and WON. for the morning, anyways), dredged up some newsprint and my dust-collecting chalk pastels, and went in. I only caught the last hour, but I was rewarded for my efforts by this great model- good proportions, solid poses, didn't spend the entire time with his hand on his dick. Which is a thing I've noticed with almost every male bodied model I've drawn. Don't get me wrong, if my genitals were external, I'd feel a little vulnerable being scrutinized by a room full of people too, but occasionally it'd be nice to see some poses that didn't revolve around "INSTINCTIVE PROTECTION OF REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS".

Anyways.


The only spot open when I showed was the unenviable foreshortened top-of-head-tips-of-toes angle, but eventually I maneuvered around to get him from the side. I only had an hour to play with, so I think I put 20 minutes or so into this one.

Now that I realized how much I miss staring at naked people while clutching pastels I'm going to kick my ass into going to the rest of the sessions this term, hangover or no.

I LOVE YOU, NAKED PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment