Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shower

Blatant lies from yesterday about putting up the fishey prints- for some reason all I felt like today was watercolor. Nice, attention consuming, detail oriented, watercolor. Didn't feel like asking anyone around to get naked for me, so I pulled a picture of myself from a recent photoshoot for reference.

I love the aesthetic of detailed, soft shading and hard graphic lines- but I really haven't got the feel for it yet. I struggled with those stupid swirls for way too long.

My page of sketches before I got into my piece. Pencil lines and watercolor for some reason just appeal to me implicitly. It's gotta be the illustrative quality.

Speaking of, Terrible Yellow Eyes has me pumped up on inspiration on a daily basis. Check it out- all gorgeous work based on Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are".

No comments:

Post a Comment