Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Iterative Self Photoshoot 2 (Electric Boogaloo)


More shots that I'm using in my Iterative Self project. The loose concept behind it from when I was shooting dealt with performing the non-performative self- co-opting make-up to create bruises and black eyes, being aggressively unpretty, baring my teeth at the camera. It's coming from a place of reaction to all the time I've spent in front of a camera doing the opposite, more or less in the same vein as that "Fuck yer audience" piece I did last year.


It helps that I'm feeling massively overwhelmed and under a lot of stress right now. These are not exactly difficult emotions to get a hold of and perform here.


Shooting this solo, without anyone mitigating between me and the camera was really liberating. As was smearing fuck-loads of make-up on my face and emptying a bottle of water over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment