Friday, July 1, 2011

Kabuki Make-up Concepts

Photobucket

As I find myself doing more and more hair and make-up for performance, I'm increasingly convinced- this is an ART. And one I need more practice at.

Photobucket

My head has not sprouted so much of this unmanageable straw stuff since I was in high school (have some fairly embarrassing proof!) I had to rush my makeup so I could make it out early to Last Thursday (an anarchic, Burner-esque Portland street fair) because I underestimated how long it would take to find anything to tame my hair back with. I have not owned real hair clips in...ever. Thank god for the box of assorted miscellany containing bits left over from my elaborate goth fall wearing days.


This is the makeup look that the above grew out of. I came up it with for my (slightly ill-fated) acro and poi show in Sao Paulo that I did for Adrian and Diedre of Bootie. In a completely uncharacteristic move, I actually designed the look a day in advance in order to shoot a run through video of my piece, which you can feast your eyes on below.

No comments:

Post a Comment