Thursday, March 4, 2010

Enameling samples


New enameling pieces! I've been working non-stop in the studio because this is the last week we have open hours before it shuts down until fall. I was too sick to put these up yesterday, so today I'm posting the first and second layers of these two little sets.

I made the freaking cool discovery that I could enamel pieces of thin metal to a base when I was messing around, so all of these are experiments along those lines. I cut the tree out of 22 gauge, and fluxxed it to the base.


Same for this one- every subsequent layer of enamel adheres it more strongly.


And this was mostly an excuse to use up my leftover scraps of thin metal.



Day two! I've done about 5-10 layers on each of these pieces at this point.



The tree turned into an experiment with painting on klyrfire in patterns and tapping off the excess enamel.



I wetpacked the fishy to give it some dimension, and messed around with creating a blue gradation.



And with this one I just kept fluxxing it to build up dimension.

Apologies for the brevity, my sinuses are interfering with my writing-brain. Possibly I will cast myself a new nose in studio today.


No comments:

Post a Comment